4.06.2007

I'm Blessed! Oh Yeah!

Friday, 6 Apr 07, 11.39 am, in my room..

Hello again, my Little Diary..
Actually the topic that I wanted to write wasn't about that 10.10 o'clock story.. but sometimes when I write something, I just follow what it flows.. Aiyah! Ok, now I should write the correct one.. There's one good lesson that I want to share with you..

Firstly I wanna share with you my background (I'm sure you know it well already). I'm 26 years old girl, I have a decent and quite presentable look. I came from a happy and peaceful family. I can also say that my parents really take care of their kids so much, especially about health, appearance, education, love, and money! Although I don't say my family is very rich, but I can proudly say that they have more than enough money to bring up their children, give good overseas education, healthy meals, and nice house!Previously, I didn't really treasure this.. I took it as granted.. I thought that everyone else also had this kind of lifestyle. But I was wrong!

Since I was young, my parents sent me to good schools and I always had friends from wealthy family. You know, I studied in Australia and Singapore.. Indonesian who can study abroad mostly are from wealthy family, agree? As a result, I always saw my friends were having as good life as mine.. until now, I'm working in Singapore, dealing with a real society. I happened to know friends who are having many problems in life, both family problems and financial problems.. Those who came from broken home, had divorced, tried to commit suicides many times, had very bad financial problems, etc.. This is very scary! I many times heard from my mum about how tough some people out there are living.. but I didn't take it seriously.. now I know that it is real and happening to friends of mine! As much as I can, I'm trying to help them..

From this experience, I feel that I'm damn lucky and blessed! I know very well that humans are greedy and are never satisfied. They always ask "Why can't I be like that? Why don't I have this? Why am I like this?". I agree that it's good to have something to achieve or to dream. People must have something that drives their lives. But it's very sad that sometimes these complaints come from very rich persons or people who have damn good life.. I just read a newspaper yesterday, there's one person whose income is more than $200,000/month, yet he still complains that his income is far too low when compared to this person, that person, bla bla.. Perhaps we only judge what we can see from outside, they may have some difficulties internally as well.. Well, my point is: Hello, none is perfect on this world! If we look up, we always feel that we never have enough, I admit that! But, sometimes we need to look down for a while to know that we're blessed!

I don't know why now I feel that my life is now contented. I'm very happy on what I already had and achieved. You may argue that I don't have a driven life. That's also what my bf always tells me. I guess that's the reason why I said that my pace of life is slower than his. I think I'm just a simple person who just wants to have a simple life and be happy on it..

Perhaps I'm an extreme case, but I sincerely want to share with you that it's very important to feel that you're blessed! Don't complain so much and you'll be blessed more! Whoever reads this, you are not the most pitiful person, there must be people out there who are more unlucky than you.. Just do your best and be happy with your life, ok! :)

Cheers
-Blissful Abbie-

No comments: