1.23.2008

First Snow in Tokyo

Wednesday, 23 Jan 08, 7.57am at home

Hello Diary.. diary.. diary..
The outside temperature is now 4C but it's now snowing.. snowing.. snowing..!! I'm so amazed.. amazed.. amazed..!! This is the first snow that's falling in Tokyo this winter! Although it's not my first time seeing snow falling but I'm still feeling amazed because I never experienced snow in the city where I live in before! The feeling is so different! It's this kind of feeling: "opening bedroom's door once you wake up in the morning and you see a fat santa clause standing in front of you with a big warm smile while carrying a big Xmas present for you". You know, you only can find santa clause in your story book or in your dream, but suddenly he appears just before your eyes at the comfort of your home. Usually, I only can see snow when having my holiday, I mean, when I go to other place. For me, holiday time is like a dream. I don't count holiday time as a real life. So, when the snow suddenly appears just outside my home's window, it's like a dream comes true. Ahh, I don't know how to describe my feeling. It's just... OMG!! It's okay if you think my kampunganism is lagi kumatan. I'm just feeling happy. Yes, that's a good word to describe my feeling.. "happy"!

In the Korean drama, when the first snow falls, they will rush out to see the snow, no matter how busy they are. They also like to use that opportunity to meet their loved ones. They believe a good thing will come when they are able to see the first snow of the year. Oh, I don't want to believe this kind of mellow story but there's no harm to believe it since my mood of the week is "hopeful".

-Abbie-

3 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

I'm dreaming of a white christmas... just like the one I used to know...

Eh btw, here you can find Santa Claus in the mall. You can even take picture with him. I took two pictures with him last Christmas. I was so happy. Yeah, that's a good word to describe my feeling at that time. Happy. Hehe.... :)

Anonymous said...

kalo bln2 Jan gn jd bukan dreaming of white christmas dunk.. jd apa yaa... white imlek?? uda ampir deket loo.. *angpao..angpao..lai.. lai.. laaii.. *

-S-

AbigaiL said...

Oh iya, tiba2 sadar kalo bisa nemuin santa claus di mall atau acara ulang taon anak2 hueheuhue..

My imlek will be a lonely imlek. No jeruk, no kelengkeng, no angpao. Hiks..