9.05.2007

What's Marriage Life?

Wednesday, 5 Sep 07, 9.48am at home

Morning, my little diary,
Tokyo now is getting cooler, winter is coming soon. I also need to look cooler. I have to start buying a winter coat dengan lengan lebar, kancing 6 (barisan kancing: 2x3 menurun), belakang ada belahannya like Sherlock Holmes' jacket, ada sabuknya, dan ada bulunya! Cool jacket. For cool wheather. For cool lady. Cool me?

Ron is having the second test of Japan law soon, in about 40 mins time from now. He just left home. This is the final test, please God, bless him.. He also just got his Singapore PR issued so he'll need to fly to Singapore this month. Omo omo, we need to be separated again.. in our newly weds life..

It's ok, life always has good and bad. The good news is: we'll go somewhere in Japan this weekend and next next weekened (because next weekend he's going to S'pore). This weekend will be our first holiday, a holiday without bringing books, a holiday without carrying laptop, a holiday without thinking anything else. People call it a honeymoon?? Since we arrived Japan, my hubby has been concentrating on the test, we didn't really have chance to explore Japan. Finally, starting from today he'll be free! Where should we go this weekend? Venice or Swiss?? I mean, Mt Fuji or Disney Resort? I should just do online research on the top destinations, maybe the idea of staying overnite is also not bad. Hmm, let's see..

Yesterday I had lots of things to do. Went there, bought things, settled that, cleaned this and that. Who says that a housewife never has deadline? She does have projects deadline. Clothes to be washed and ironed are as big as 2 bukits, we'll have no clothes to wear the day after if we don't finish it by that day. We'll have no rice to eat today if I didn't buy rice cooker yesterday. We'll have no food to eat tonite if I don't buy groceries today. See, is it as important as rushing a proposal to win a tender? Of course, it's even more important than winning a tender. Without clothes, how to win a tender? Without food, how to have energy to do the proposal? *Easy la, just buy clothes and food outside* Well..all..I..can..say..is.. housewife (or maid).. makes..your..life.. easier..,that's..all. uhuk!

Now I started feeling the pressure. My hubby never gives me pressure but somehow I feel some pressures. Now I have rice cooker, fridge, stove, and even a toaster at home. What should I do? Clean the cooking utensil, smile at it, and keep it safely in the kitchen cupboard? No! I have to cook!! How to cook? What to cook? Is there any daily menu? Should I create a menu then? I started to ask my hubby what he wants to eat in the morning, what he likes to eat for dinner, what he usually drinks for breakfast. I'm trying to find out everything about him. This is marriage life. It's all about learning what your partner likes and dislikes. It should be easier after 3 months..no, 6 months.

Back in high-school days, I saw a guy only by appearance, how well he can play sport, and how sweet he talks to me. *the sweeter the winner?* I liked a handsome, energetic, and sweet talker guy. When I was in University, I had another requirements for choosing a guy. I wanted a guy from good family background, same religious, and smart so that he can protect me *because you're clumsy?*. When I prayed to God, I told Him my 4 requirements: he must be taller than me, smarter than me, older than me, and he must never dated girls before! When I started working, I had other requirements for a guy. I wanted a guy who is independent, able to earn decent money, having decent job, and more importantly is he must truly love me. How did I measure 'a true love'? I didn't see it from how frequent he called me nor how often he said 'I lop u' nor how patient he's willing to spend time to take me anywhere I go nor how jealous he was if I hang out with my guy friends. True love is not about all of these crippy-crappy things only. I learned something, love was also about responsibility. Now I'm married. I just learned something new, love was also about understanding and 'kekompakan'. Dunno why I feel so happy if I happen to have same thought as what my hubby thinks. I feel like "Yess, this is what marriage should be". Of course all other requirements that I had when I was younger are still valid. God really heard my prayer, he fullfiled all the 4 requirements that I requested (including the 4th one that sounds so stupid: 'Cowo yg harus belum pernah pacaran')! Yea yea I know my requirements were too simple. I should ask more.. My pastor once said, when you want something, please state specifically and in details on what you want. Don't just give up by saying "May your will comes true". He's our father, He hears all our prayers!

I heard one story from my pastor, one husband and wife got divorced when they were around 60 years old. You know why? Because the husband was busy working and rarely spending time with his wife when he was young. Their marriage life was okay. However, soon after he was retired, he stayed at home everyday with his wife, then they found out that they were not fit to each other and they got divorced. It's funny but real story. As I said, marriage is also about 'kekompakan'. *aigoo..aigoo..sok bijaksana aje*

-Abbie-

7 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

Pertamax!!!

Wah... syaratnya itu loh, belum pernah pacaran. What is the reason for this? Hahaha....

Tapi curang nih, si Abigail kan udah pernah pacaran sebelum ama abang Rony. Tak adil donk.... :)

AbigaiL said...

Hahaha.. koko bisa aja! Syarat blom pernah pacaran itu karna aku pgn jadi the first, the last, and the only! Aku ga suka dibanding2in ma cewe laen.. Wekekeke.. emang cewe tu mau enaknya aje..

PangTama said...

Hahaha...emang cewe maunya yg terbaik buat diri sendiri hihihi :P.
Rasanya kesel kalo dibandingin sama cewe lain tp gk kerasa kalo kita bandingin dia sama cowo yg dulu hihihi :P.

PangTama said...

Eh omong2, upload donk foto2 rumah barunya :)

AbigaiL said...

Hohoho Yoi! Tunggu yah, aku lagi benahin rumahnya pelan2, masih berantakan neh.. bakal upload fotonya soonnn.. :D

Antony Pranata said...

Omo... omo.... aku paling tak sebel dibandingin ama co lain yang lebih kaya, lebih ganteng, lebih .... Omo... omo....

Anonymous said...

Kalo life after marriage ku, aku ngerasa idupku jg brubah byk. Yg pasti jd kuper. Hahaha! Perginya cuma ke Teddy Bear Preschool, sama ke Ratu Ria for some "clubbing"! Hahaha...

-Jess-