2.07.2008

Gong Xi Fa Chai!!

Thursday, 7 Feb 08, 10.00am at home

Happy Chinese New Year, Diary!!
Last night I had dinner with my husband and some of our friends in Omotesando. That was a good feeling. At least I felt that I was not alone on the CNY night. Friends are also family, aren't they? For the last 26 years, I always spent my CNY night by having dinner with my family and ate Chinese Misoa in the first morning of New Year.

This morning, I cooked misoa, for me and for my husband. There's a saying that we must eat misoa before going out from home so that we'll be protected from the rain. I don't believe this kind of superstitious thing but I still want to continue this Chinese tradition in my generation and I'll still pass it to my next generation and my next next generation. Am I thinking too far? It's because I still want to feel the CNY mood every year. My mum said that I must cook Misoa for my own family in CNY, one day. I guess that 'one day' came too fast. That 'one day' is today! Today is my first time I spend CNY with my 'own' family. And I've started it with cooking 2 bowls of hot misoa this morning. I should also buy some oranges today and some red envelops? Ohh, that's the missing thing! Angpao! I don't get any angpao this year, or have not received yet?? Am I hoping too much?

There's one more Chinese tradition I should follow today, I should not sweep the floor; the dirtier the floor is, the more good things (money) will come. Yohoo..!! Without any guilt.. just let it dirty.. by the way, is there any term and condition for this custom? I mean, something like, we should not clean the floor IF ONLY there are guests coming to the house?? Because it does make sense; the more guests means the more angpaos received, then the dirtier the floor will be. So, we should not clean the floor till the next morning since today is the day to greet our guests! How if there's no guest coming to the house? So no angpao, yes, it makes sense. So, how about the cleaning issue? Ah ah, usually I also don't clean the floor everyday, so don't pretend to be Ms.Clean!

My schedule today? As I told you, I started my day by cooking Misoa and eating it. Then I watched Thukul (Empat Mata - Old and New series) from Youtube just to get laughed for a while before calling my mums and dads and relatives to say Happy New Year. I'll need to go to immigration and attend my cooking class after that. What a busy day, but all has nothing to do with this CNY season, except for the Misoa. It's okay, I'll wear red shirt, white pants, red bag, and red shoes today, and let everyone knows that I'm celebrating Indonesian Independence Day, uh, no, I mean, celebrating Chinese New Year today! Gong Xi Fa Chai! Have a prosperous year, more good things happen in this year!
Aja Aja!!

-Abbie-

15 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

Gong xi fa chai!!!!
Ampir lupa je kalo udah taun baru. Misoa-ne lali sisan iki. Sesuk mesti cari2 misoa.

Ok... kembali ke lap...

I don't really remember when the last time I celebrated chinese new year. I think it was 8 years ago. Been living in western countries for so many years.... now I lost feeling about chinese new year. Hiks.... :(

AbigaiL said...

Koko! Abis koko masuk blogku kok poto Misoaku ilangg! Hayoo.. mesti koko sek maem to? Katanya mau cari2 misoa, kok jadine malah ambil misoaku? Sekarang aku dah masak lagi, tuh potonya ada lagi. Huehueheue..

::aLb3rta:: said...

Xin nian kuai le..
Gong xi fa cai...
Hong bao na lai... ^^

misoa e looks yummy... mau duuuooonk...

::aLb3rta:: said...

Resep misoa masukin ke dapur cantik duoooonk...

Antony Pranata said...

Oh... foto misoa-ne keluar sekarang. Hihihi... kayak japanese misoa.

AbigaiL said...

Japanese misoa?? padahal aku bikinnya udah takmirip2in misoa punya ama, sambil bikin sambil nginget2, ga mirip ya??

Ini bikin misoanya dadakan di pagi2 buta jadi tidak ada persiapan matang, termasuk daging ayam pun tidak ada. Ntar bikin lagi yg kliatan jengger ayamnya.

Koko, udah nemu misoa blom??

Antony Pranata said...

Eh.... kalo taun baru, misoa diganti Indomie boleh gak? Masalah-e, aku gak isa masak misoa sampe secantik abigail punya je....

Anonymous said...

Gong Xi Fat Choi!!!! May this year bring prosperity and health to you and family!!! :)
-Fang2-

Ps: Misoa looks yummyyy...

AbigaiL said...

Harus Misoa!! Kalo ulang taon, segala tipe mie/bihun/misua/so'on, yg lurus, yg kriting, yg ngombak, pokoknya yg panjang2 gitu bolehh, kalo CNY harus misoa! Tapi udah lewat sehari, and ga keujanan kan? Kalo ujan ya bawa payung lah.. tunggu aja next year siap2 nyetok misoa di dapurr..

The misoa looks yummy but it's not as yummy as it looks.. that's because it's not yummy so I had to spend time to give it 'thick make-up' hehehe.. that's about the art of culinery, I guess. ^_^

Anonymous said...

...tentang nyapu2 di CNY, itu adat asalnya karena simak2 cina dulu kalo udah sibuk bikin misoa jd ga sempet nyapu. Trs pas ditegur engkong2 cina, simak2nya blg aja.. Ini bial hoki gede atuh...!

Antony Pranata said...

Itu misoa keliatan yummy pasti tipuan kamera.... Ci yap2... itu motret misoa-ne pake mode apa? Aku yakin gak pake auto-mode... soal-e jadi keliatan yummy gitu.

AbigaiL said...

Itu asliii.. aku cuma pake camera Sony, pasang blitz, buka korden, idupin lampu dapur, ditambah sedikit penyinaran laen (pake photoshop).

Anonymous said...

.....lalu makhluk itupun mendekat.... Kakinya bergemerisik, napasnya yg berat terdengar, lalu terdengar suaranya yg parau.... "Aku mau misoa nya......"

::aLb3rta:: said...

......." hanya dengan misoa..... hiiidduppku... dapat.. teerrrr...see..laaa..matttt..kaaaan". Segera disantapnay semangkuk misoa dengan sekuat tenaga yang tersisa di tubuhnya... Tepat setelah suapan terakhirr... tiba-tiba..................................................

AbigaiL said...

....sebuah tangan menarikku, dari bawah, dari bawah meja.. menarikku ke bawah berkali-kali.. dan suara rintihan terdengar "Hoaaaa...misoaku diabisin sama Om Gendut!!" suara anak kecil dari seberang tempatku duduk. Oh Tuhan, sungguh tidak sadar aku menyerobot misoa tetangga sebelah! Misoa hangat.. membuatku tidak berdaya! *jebule iklan*