10.15.2007

Trip to Odaiba

Monday, 15 Oct 07, 8.44am at home

Dear my little diary,
It's been exactly 1 year since my first time writing my first blog entry. Back then, I was still in Singapore, single, and I just started my job at my second company in Singapore. Now, everything has changed. I'm no longer in Singapore, I'm no longer single, and I'm no longer working. If we think about it, in just one year, many things can change, many things can happen. Situation may change, our mind may change, in just a very short time. Sometimes, what we've planned may be changed, what we've expected may not come true. The world does change, people do change, and we do change. So, there's no use talking about future now, just live our lives well, enjoy it, and we'll know what to do when the time has come, agree??

Anyway, last Saturday we went to a fellowship in one Indonesian's home here. We met lots of good friends there. I'm happy to get new friends now, I really hope that I can settle down somewhere, perhaps Japan is fine. Tokyo is nice, I love Tokyo so much except the fact that I can't speak the language and I can't earn money here. Actually I don't like moving around, I don't like changing places, I hate house shifting. The process of adaptation to a new environment, new language, and new friends; and the process of leaving my comfortable environment, known language, and my good friends; ohh I'm just not adventureous enough to go thru all of these process once in every few years. I lost contact with my good friends whenever I move country, hiks.. Is it because I'm not good enough in maintain the relationship with them? Or it happens naturally just like that? Well, I suddenly remembered what my mum told me; when she gets older, she more realises that she needs more and more friends to accompany her since her kids are all grown up and kids will leave the family soon. Now I can feel what my mum feels, is it because I'm getting older now and scared that my kids will leave me here all alone? *but, you even have not had kid now*

What am I mumbling now? When I opened this blog this morning, initially I wanted to post my photos when we visited our friends' home in Odaiba after church yesterday night. It's a very very nice place.. There's a Rainbow Bridge that looks exactly like Golden Gate in San Fransisco, there's a liberty statue (ini pinjeman, pernah dibalikin pas kontrak abis, sekarang udah dibeli katanya) that looks exactly like the one in New York, and there's a Tokyo Tower (can you see the orange tall tower in between the brige from the pic?) that looks exactly like Eiffel Tower in France. It's very nice, rite? We don't need to go to 3 places to see all of these, just go to Odaiba will do.

Odaiba is an island. It's not a real island but it's a human-made island. Amazing, rite? Maybe I'm a bit 'kampungan' but I never knew that island can be made! There's a beach komplit with its beach sand too! It's all also human-made, the sand was imported from other island in Japan. They put a sign as an acknowledgement of an island where the sand was imported from. Odaiba island is made from a big collection of rubbish for many years. It's good that they really make use of every little piece of thing even if it's an unused rubbish. Can we move to this island one day? I like this place soo muchhh (jangan mikirin tentang sampahnya).

Oh, one good news! My mum asked me to find a place where she bought a blanket in December last year. She said that I have to find it before she comes here in December this year! I kept searching the place all over the possible tourist shopping destinations, like Ginza and Shinjuku, but couldn't find it! Amazingly, I found it last nite!! It's actually in Odaiba wahahahahaha.. leganyaaa..

Now my head is a bit dizzy, the last 2 nights were cold and I was out against the winds. My body stamina is like emak2 now, easy to get dizzy and sick. Haiz..

-Abbie-

3 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

Waks.... mini Liberty Statue...

Two years ago... I was still single, still in Singapore, still want to be a programmer.... now I'm married, in Canada, don't want to be programmer any more.

AbigaiL said...

Oh Koko,are you serious that you don't want to be programmer anymore?? That proves that people's minds do change.

One year ago, I hated working so much to the root! Now, I feel like working.. dunno, maybe one year later, I will hate working again.. haha.. lazy bum!! or plin-plan girl??!!

Antony Pranata said...

Seriously... gak enak jadi programmer. Hidup susah, rambut cepet putih, duit dikit pula. :)