6.04.2008

A Piece of Cake

Wednesday, 4 June 08, 10.49am at home

Dear my little diary,
I received a forwarded email from my friend yesterday. The message of that email is very meaningful. I was about to write the contents of the email here but I was lazy to write it since the email is in pps format so I can't just copy and paste it here easily. And, this morning, I was reminded again to write it here. I couldn't help it for not doing what the reminder kept asking me to do. So, here it is:

Sometimes we ask ourselves:
What did I do to deserve this?
Why does God let these things happen to me?

Here is the explanation..
A daughter tells her mom how everything is going wrong with her.
Probably she failed her math exam..
And her boyfriend.. dumped her.. for her best friend.

In times so sad, a good mother knows just the thing to cheer her daughter up.. "I make a delicious cake".
In that moment the mother hugged her daughter and walked her to the kitchen, while her daughter attempted to smile.

While her mother prepared the utencils and ingredients, her daughter sat across from her at the counter.
Her mother asks, "Sweetheart, would you like a piece of cake?"
Her daughter replies, "Sure, Mom, you know how I love cake."
"Alright" the mother says, "Drink some of this cooking oil."
Shocked, the daughter responses, "What??!! No way!!"
"How about a couple of raw eggs?"
To this the daughter responses, "Are you kidding?"
"How about a little flour?"
"No Mom, I'll be sick."

The mother responses, "All of these things are uncooked and taste bad, but if you put them together.. they make a delicious cake!"

God works the same way. When we ask ourselves why does He make us go through these difficult things, we don't realize the what/where these events may bring us. Only He knows and He will not let us fall. We don't need to settle for the raw ingredients, trust in Him.. and see something fantastic come about!

God loves us so much.. He sends us flowers every spring. He makes the sun rises every morning. And anytime we need to talk, He is there to listen! He can live anywhere in the universe.. but He chooses to live in our hearts!

When everything seems falling apart, remember, He is God and He knows better what's best. So whatever stage we are in any area of our lives, it is all a concoction of the Lord. It's a great promise.. "He makes all things beautiful in His time!"

I hope your day is a piece of cake!
I hope you can see your problem as simple as a piece of cake!

-Abbie-

3 comments:

::aLb3rta:: said...

Hope our lifes be as sweet as a cake... ^^

Antony Pranata said...

Don't be too sweet... entar makin tambah ndut. Hihihi...

A nice story anyway.

AbigaiL said...

Manis tapi gak ndut kan bisa, Ko. ^^
Yesss.. hidup kita indahhh dan maniezzz bagai kue tart!! Hidup kue!!