5.05.2007

2 months Before the Wedding/Moving to Japan

Saturday, 5 Apr 07, 6.19pm in my room

Hi my little diary..
Today I started to develop my wedding website. Actually the reason I want to make my own website isn't only for our wedding, I want to continue updating the site with our stories after the wedding too, like the honeymoon, the newlyweds story, and the baby (oopss..)! Don't worry, little diary, it doesn't mean that I'll abandon you.. you're still my private diary, that website is just to upload pictures and summary of my life. See, you're still more important and more personal to me. Anyway, I have the design template already, just need to fix the contents and tune up the design. Developing a website is not easy! It's very time consuming and sometimes irritating because every single things need attention.. arghh!

Beside developing website and collecting materials for the website, I also use my time (when Ron's not around) by learning Japanese! Yoohoo! Before he left, he bought me several books for me to read and learn and understand: "Japanese for Dummies" (to learn the language), "The Rough Guide to Tokyo" (to learn the culture, lifestyle, etc). He was right when he bought the Japanese for Dummies, the book is very clear and easy to understand. *Of course! It's meant for dummies..*

Now I only have 2 more weeks to stay in Singapore. Now I'm busy scheduling my time to meet up with my friends here. When I told them I'd go overseas for good, they wanted to see me to say bye bye and wish me a good luck... now I feel sad leaving them although I don't really meet up with them when I'm in Singapore.

I've booked my air ticket to Indonesia on 22 May and will be back to Singapore again (for few days transit before flying to Japan) on 12 July (just 4 days after our wedding).

Everyone says that I'm very lucky to have chance to live in Japan. I was also very excited when I knew that we're moving there. What I'm still excited about living in Japan are:
1. Japan has winter!
2. Japanese fashion is very elegant and cute (I can dress up as cute as Japanese??)
3. My skin will look good because of the weather and the Japan-made cosmetics (Japan is popular with its great skin treatment)
4. I'll have chance to design my house in Japanese style
5. I can be a novelist! Yeeee!!! (read: I don't need to work! Huahahahaha!)

Now, I start thinking:
1. How my life will be like in Japan?
2. Will I have friends there?
3. Will I be able to speak Japanese fluently one day?
4. Will Ron be so busy with his work? (because Japanese is popular as the most workaholic worker in Asia) Will he be able to coupe with the stress level in the working environment there?
5. Can I go back to work, at least earn some money, one day in the future? I feel uneasy depending on husband for the whole my life.
6. Where will be our next destination country? and when will that time come?

My life will totally be changed after 2 months! Cip2 and her husband told us that usually people greet a newly wed couple "Selamat Menempuh Hidup Baru", that greeting will be very suitable for us. We'll have a new life, new culture, new environment, new work, new house, new friends, new language, new lifestyle, and of course the existence of new life-partner! Too many changes are happening at the same time! I know it's God's plan on us..

"Don't think too much, Abbie.. just do what you can do, one at a time.. live well, shop well, eat well, sleep well..." Yeah, those are what I'm good at! :D

Cheers
-Abbie-

No comments: