6.05.2009

Having Haircut in HK

Friday, 5 June 09, 8.28am on the bus

My diary..
I just got a haircut last night. What was I thinking till I went to saloon out of the blue? Yesterday I finished work quite early, around 7.15pm I had arrived my neighborhood. I felt like I should use the time doing something. So, I went to a shop near my home to buy a shower curtain. My current shower curtain is no longer decent to use. At the end, I got a nice shower curtain with cute flower prints on it. I finished this mini shopping at 7.30pm and I still had time doing something else. Fyi, usually I arrive home around 8.15pm. That means I still had 45 mins free time, right? Then I saw a hair saloon just in front of the shop that I went in. That's when the idea of cutting my hair came along.

My last haircut was on weekend few months ago. You know, I don't wear contact lenses on weekend. The hairdresser kept asking me to take off my glasses as the glasses' hangers on my ears disturbed his work. Then I took my thick glasses off and put it on again whenever I had chances. Hey, how can we act blur when somebody is doing something with our hair? And I didn't act blur, my sight was really really blur without my glasses! This is the reason why I prefer having having a haircut on weekdays when I have my contact lenses on.

I actually planned to just trim my hair a bit and enjoy the hairwash and the head message. When I told the hairdresser on how I would like to get my hair cut, we had some disconnection problems and missing-in-translation problem during our conversation. So, here I am now with short hair, above my shoulder! The last time I had this short hair was when I was in Uni in Australia, which is about 6 years ago. I don't like having short hair because of my chubby cheeks. It's ok, at least there is a change in this year, I am also kind of needing some hair make over. Plant is growing, so is my hair.

But, I don't like the way how the hairdresser cut my fringe hair! He was asking me something when he was about to cut it, and I just said "ok ok". I trusted him! After one cut, I screamed "Not that short!!", he looked scared and said "Oh ok" and he gave up cutting the rest! My fringe hair still needed some modeling, come on! And I didn't want to ask him to continue working on my fringe hair as I was afraid that we would have another disconnection problem while we were talking. So, now I am having a very short fringe hair at the center of my head and long-uncut-fringe-hair at the side. I struggled so much on this weird fringe hair this morning before going to work. I changed my hair path, it looks better now but not so much better. I gave up, I brought hair clip to clip my fringe hair up and the clip is gonna be there till it's getting a bit longer.

-Abbie-

5 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

coba dipasang foto-ne... gak gitu mudeng je dijelasin pake kata2 tok.

Anny Suhalim said...

Fennnnn, i knoe how u feel...i experienced the exact situation last month, i told u bfor rite? udah coba pake air or wax dikesampingin aja tuh poni...biar keliatan nga berponi..gituin aja sampe panjang....tats my trick ^^! Hope it helps.

AbigaiL said...

@Koko: ahh jebakan! Aku tak akan memasang poto poni cupu di blog hihihihi..
@Anny: thx u! Yea, I did that, basahin poni, dikesampingin as much as it can hehe.. Paling bete tuh kalo ptg poni kependeken yah! Muka jd kyk org bloon..

PangTama said...

Hey, terakhir gw juga gituuu...bukan poni nya si, tp gara2 kaca mata gw musti dicopot, gw gk keliatan kalo rambutnya udah dipotong pendek bgt. Boro2 diatas pundah Fen, ini tepat dibawah telinga! T_T udah gitu gk ada layer nya sama sekali, jd kayak Dora the Explorer huhuh..

AbigaiL said...

Loh Fang, kirain emang kmu sengaja potong rambut sependek telinga, ternyata itu korban potong rambut tanpa kaca mata yah?? Hihihi... gpp lah, kmu manis kok dengan rmbt pendek, benerannn! kadang2 perlu gebrakan juga :)

Dora the explorer?? hoahahaha... cute ituu..