4.11.2009

All About Paris

Saturday, 11 Nov 09, 3.43pm at home

Hello diary!
I was just back from Paris yesterday afternoon. That was a super tiring trip! Lucky that my seat on the plane on the way back to HK was upgraded to business class for free! So, at least I could sleep more comfortably on the plane. But still, last night I slept for 12 hours, the longest sleep in my life ever! I really feel sorry for my husband who already arranged for a one-day trip today to Lantau island. This morning around 10am, I heard he was telling me something excitedly about the trip, about the crystal cable car, about the factory outlet, and about the food? or the walk? I don't really recall it now since I was still in the middle of my reality world and my dream world when he said that to me. I couldn't really move my body, I couldn't open my eyes, and I fell asleep again after that. He kept entering the room to check if I have woken up. I'm really really sorry for ruining his plan because I slept too much like a pig. Can we arrange the trip again tomorrow or Monday? Please...

Anyway, my Paris trip was great! I had fun with my colleagues. The picture above was the first picture that I took when I was in Paris. When I was having my hot French Cappuccino and croissant as breakfast while I was searching for good places from the Paris Guide Book. I wanted to take picture before I sipped my coffee and before I ate the croissant actually, but it was so tempting till I couldn't resist and just realized it when the coffee was half-finished and when the croissant has been fully eaten.

I visited some nice places but this Eiffel picture is my favorite picture among all. I always wanted to touch Eiffel Tower with my own hands to make it more real. I know it sounds not too elegant but that's really the desire of my heart. I did enjoy the French food, quite amazed with the well organized menu; appetizers, main course, and desserts, at the beginning. After few days, I felt tired of waiting for the complete food to be served. Maybe you don't agree with me. Yes, I like a proper fine dining too! But the fine dining that I had in Paris was really too much longer than what I expected. Especially the first dinner that we had. We entered the restaurant at around 9pm and finished the complete course at 12.30am. Wasn't it too much of waiting? The restaurant was empty, we were the only customers at that time, and we were only 6 persons! And because that was the first day in Paris, we were so tired and some of us even fell asleep in the restaurant.

In that restaurant, I felt that my upper lip was swollen and numb! That was right after I sipped my coke light. I urgently warned all of my friends for not drinking this French coke light as it's too strong. I asked one of my friends:
Me: "Look at my lips, can you see it's swollen?"
Friend: "OMG, it's swollen so big!"
I was so panic, stopped drinking coke light, and gave light massage to my upper lip during the dinner. Maybe my lips were not so metropolis. Right after I reached the hotel, I looked at myself in front of the mirror. I just realized that my lip was not numb, not swollen at all. My lip was just dry because of the cold weather! It feels like numb because of the dryness. Now I'm wondering why my friend said that it's swollen so big? That was the shape of my lip at a normal size!

From this trip, I discovered something interesting. The buildings and the subway stations in Paris are all old. The subway stations' floor is still made by black stones. The ceiling is also like ceiling in a cave with some water dropping from the ceiling too sometimes. The train is also old, there is no automatic door so we have to open it manually by hand. Lift and elevators are seldom found since they only use stairs. It's very different with HK subway with shiny ceramic floors, elevators everywhere, and automatic doors for the train. The whole city looks old till I can call it 'classic'. Classic is artly and beautifully old. Now I'm looking at the buildings in HK from my 45th storey apartment's window. Yes, they are old too. *Classic?*

I'll tell you more about my stories next time, I'm tired and sleepy again now.
See you again, diary..

-Abbie-

3 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

Jet lag itu namanya. hahaha....

eh mosok to gak ada automatic door ndek metro-e? aku dulu pas ke sana sama mama-ku, malah door-e nutup otomatis; sampe mama-ku udah di dalem metro, aku-nya masih di luar. akhirnya ya mama-ku pergi ndek metro-e sendiri. hahaha.... saking automatic-e itu.

AbigaiL said...

Nutup sih otomatis, bukanya yg mesti pake tangan baik dari dalam maupun dari luar kereta.. kyk ada pegangan pintu gitu, kalo gak dibuka manual gak mbuka loh.

Antony Pranata said...

oh buka-nya.... bukan-e lebih bagus gitu. jadi orang tiba2 jatuh kalo lagi bersandar di pintu; gara2 pintu-e tau2 mbuka.

sempet ke versailles palace gak? tempat-e king louise xiv - xvi zaman dulu.