4.21.2009

About My Grandma

Tuesday, 21 Apr 09, 8.40am on the bus

Hi again diary,
Lately I have been thinking a lot for my grandma. She is still in hospital until today and her condition seems getting worse and worse. My mum said that my grandma is very thin and weak now. She is the only grandma I still have. Her disease is very complicated perhaps because she is already old, around 85 years old, so some of the organs are not functioning well anymore. Honestly, I am not very close to her since she lives at different city and she doesn't talk much. Whenever I am in Indonesia for holiday, I always make some time to visit her but I never stay overnight at her house. I only visited her for few hours and whenever I was about to leave her, the same question that she always asked me "When are you going to sleep here? Please stay here with me for few days", but the way she asked me was with smile and did not sound so serious. So, I also always replied her the same answer like a template answer "Next time ya". Again she replied me with the same question "When is that next time?".

Now I am writing it here, this really makes me sad! I never keep my promise, not even once! She is now in hospital and is having operation on 29 Apr. We did not agree on having operation for her because her condition was too weak, we have been waiting for her to get better so she can have a surgery. However, her condition is not getting better, it's getting worse till she is cornered to have a mandatory operation now.

The only good news that I received about my grandma was; she was baptized last Saturday! Now she believes in Jesus, now she loves Jesus, now she believes that Jesus will take away her pains and bring her to the place where Jesus lives after this world. I really pray that her operation on 29 Apr will be done successfully. I really pray that she will be given a chance to have longer life so that she can experience a life after she follows Christ. I also really pray that I will be given a chance to stay with her and take care of her, just once will do. I feel like going back to Indo now but I can't! Exactly on that operation day, I will be in Amsterdam for another business trip. I am not excited for this trip at all!

Diary, please help me pray for her..

-Abbie-

4 comments:

safaroni said...

Hiksss... Hiksss...
No more comment...

Antony Pranata said...

mudah2an ama bisa sehat lagi.

nyama emang gak banyak omong. kalo ketemu aku, juga biasa-e cuman omong, "koko uu kaka".

AbigaiL said...

iya ko, ama kalo ketemu aku juga ngomongnya "yiyin yaya koko uu kaka". Gak tau kenapa "koko uu kaka" ttp ada di belakang namaku..

Antony Pranata said...

coba ditanyake safaroni... piye itu sejarah-e "koko uu kaka".