3.25.2009

A Blessed Day

Wednesday, 25 Mar 09, 10.24pm at home

Diaryyy!!!!!
Ooopss.. sorry, did I scream too loud? I'm too excited to see you!
Today I'm happy because I was lucky in several ways today. Well, there is no 'lucky' in this world, but I'm blessed!

1. I managed to catch my bus in the morning although I had to run as fast as possible and the most important part is I did NOT faint! *You almost fainted!* NO, almost! I did NOT.

2. I still had time to go the bank to re-apply my credit card (my first credit card application was rejected, well, in this case I was not really lucky). I hope that the bank is touched by my persistence, my sincerity, and my loyalty so they will grant me a credit card, with the lowest limit will do.

3. I was not late coming to office this morning! This is the best part. My office hour starts at 9am but they give us 30mins tolerance so if we come at 9.29.59 is still ok. Every morning (since we moved to new office), we have to send email to the HR people to show our attendance and they mark down the attendance time based on what time the email is sent. In the old office, we used card to open the door and they marked down the time when the card was flashed. Since we are in new office now, there are some differences:
- It takes more time to walk from the bus station to the new office since the new office is further than the old office
- It takes more time to take two escalators to reach the 3rd floor and take a lift to go up to my office
- It takes more time to walk from the office door to my desk since we don't use the card to mark the attendance anymore now
- It takes more time to switch on the computer
- It takes more time to open the Email system
- It takes more time to write the email address and the email subject
- It takes more time to click the 'send' button.
- It takes more time to wait the email moved from the 'Outbox' to 'Sent'
Yes, I did think a lot on how to automatize this. I did try many ways to save time too! One of them is by not switching off the computer when I leave office in the evening so I can quickly send email in the morning. As a result, my computer hanged! And it took more time to restart the computer again! Now I don't use that method anymore, I do my traditional way to save time, which is..... wear sport shoes, and RUN!!! It has triple impacts; save time, exercise my heart, and cut down my fat.

Where were we now? Oh yes, number 4.

4. My mini-bus' fare was $12 instead of $14! Hey, I didn't cheat, that was the real fare and I don't know why the driver charged differently.

5. My mini-bus took me to the nearest stop so I only needed to walk for 5mins to reach my apartment. Usually he dropped me at the stop quite far from my apartment; around 12mins walk. I don't know what's the reason too, maybe because the driver wanted to buy the tofu-rice near my home. Hey, you must believe me, I'm telling the truth! I saw he was yelling "Tofu-fan!!" at the shop owner from inside the mini-bus when it stopped at the red light and one auntie came out from the shop giving him a packet.

6. Just now, my hubbie cut a dragon-fruit and gave it to me. I didn't mean to include #6 in this list but since the topic is relevant so I'm writing it here too. You wanna know the reason why I consider myself lucky for #6? It's because usually cutting the fruit is my job! Now he starts doing it himself. I must give him some credits here to remember this eventfull moment when I'm old later.

I'm tired today. Need to sleep now.
Bye diary...

-Blessed Abbie-

4 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

huahahaha.... gimana kalo suruh abang rony bikinin program untuk send email ke HR tiap pagi jam 8:00. ooopss... bukan aku yang ngajari loh.

eh kok apply credit card buat apaan? credit card is evil, you know....

AbigaiL said...

Koko...
hihihi... aku sbenernya juga udah mau ngeset itu tapi denger2 org HR tau kalo itu ngirimnya pake timer. Aku jadi takutttt...

Credit card ya buat shopping.. :P
I never had credit card in my life loh Ko.

Anonymous said...

My 1st credit card application juga direject lho.. jadinya sampe sekarang jg masih ga punya. I should try again and be persistent like you. Theresia

Antony Pranata said...

hahaha... aku malah pingin gantung orang yang nemuin credit-card pertama kali. atau diceburin ke sungai di canada sini.... bikin ekonomi rusak ae.

hahaha....