6.26.2010

Oh I am still as clumsy as before...

Saturday, 26 June 10, 1.18pm

Hi Diary!
Today is Saturday. Today is such a cloudy day, the clouds are very low and dark. It's the best time to just sleep and relax at home. Suddenly I miss those moments when I write diary and express my feeling in it. So, I opened my little diary and started writing again.

I had a bad experience yesterday. I planned to go to China embassy to apply China visa for my husband yesterday around 4pm but I failed. I prepared all the documents, passport, etc the night before. Everything was all ready. Yes, I had no problem with the documentation. Around 3pm I took shower and got myself dressed up and ready to go. I took one of my favorite handbags from my cabinet, opened the dustbag, put the China visa application form, my hubby's pasport and his ID card in the bag. Then I grabbed my mascara, eye-lash curler, hair comb, and powder and put all of these in my bag. I didn't have time to do full make-up at home so I planned to do the eye-lash part on the bus. I thought that everything was all in then I opened the front door and closed it carefully. My front door is same like the door in hotel's room, once it's closed, it's locked!

After I heard the 'click' sound from the door meaning that it was properly locked, I opened my bag again to check if I have brought my wallet and my mobile phone. And at that time, thunder was in my head! *Dank!* I didn't bring my wallet and my phone! The worst is, my door key is always inside my wallet! So, I was like in between of nowhere. I couldn't go in, I couldn't go out. I couldn't take bus to ask for help since I didn't have bus card and money. I couldn't call somebody to help me too because I didn't bring my mobile and there was no public phone around my area *even there was, you had no money to call* yea, right! Key, mobile, and wallet are my traveling package and I forgot to bring all of them! Good job, Abbie!

I went downstairs, went out to the street, looked at how everyone was doing. People were busy doing their own activities. I was jealous. Me, I was like in invisible cage. I had my mascara and hair comb in my bag, but they couldn't help me. Then I went in again to my apartment lobby. I gave signal talked to the receptionist that I needed to borrow phone. My hubby's China application form really saved my life! I did fill in the form the night before including his phone number. Can you believe that I don't even remember my hubby's phone number? Even after that incident, even until now, I still have not managed to memorize his number. Anyway, I called my hubby finally and asked for his help. There were options that he gave me:
1. Borrow money from the receptionist to take bus to his office
2. Take taxi to his office and he would wait for me there to pay for the taxi fare
3, Wait for him to come home
I crossed option #3, I rejected option #1 since I don't like borrowing money from people that I don't know. Only left with option #2. But, there was a risk for option #2, how if I arrived earlier while my hubby was still not there? The taxi driver would be !"#$%&'() at me. And I would be ~.~# at the taxi driver.

Finally I still took option #2 and luckily my hubby was there before me. Fyi, this incident is not my first time. Exactly the same incident happened when my hubby was in Korea for 2 weeks and I was soooo nervous since I had none to call to. Fortunately the security guard was so nice for calling Key Repairman to come to open my door. Phew! Since then, that key repairman's name card is always in my wallet because I knew there would be a second time, and I was right! *But you also left your wallet so how can you contact that repairman??*

-Clumsy Abbie-

No comments: