12.16.2009

Last Day In Office

Wednesday, 16 Dec 09, 8.48am on the bus

Hello my little diary..
Today is my last day going to office, this will be my last post on the bus on the way to office too. Today should be a happy day for me, I should be happy today, but why am I sad now? I guess the answer is only one: I already get used to this lifestyle. My colleagues have been my family in HK. This job has been my life since I moved to HK one year ago. I had nobody here, I had no expectation, when I first came to HK. This job gives me life and confidence. I really wanna dedicate this post to thank this company who has been employing me this one year, one month, and six days. But, if I turn back the time, I would still choose to resign. I will have no regret, I need to move on with life.

Yesterday I already had my farewell party with my colleagues. I have passed the job to my team mate. Today will just be a relaxing day for me. I brought all the used-newspapers today, I wanna give these to a grandma who collects used-newspapers every morning near the bus stop. Usually I give newspaper to her once a week since my husband buys newspaper only once a week every weekend. But today, I grabbed all of our "newspaper collections" that I usually keep for emergency purposes. This will be my last chance to help that old grandma.

Yesterday when one of my colleagues asked me "Will you just be a housewife and work at home? Won't you feel bored if you work alone?" *Tink!!* This sensitive question again!

Anyway, my posts have been quite boring to you recently since I'm very serious writing diary now. Let me tell you one lesson if you want to order food from a restaurant in Cantonese. I usually eat fried chicken ball with rice in Taiwanese restaurant near my office.
Me: "Ng goi, sei ye.." (Excuse me, I wanna order)
Waiter: ".........." [running around ignoring me]
Me: "Ng goi, sei ye!! Oei mai!! (Excuse me, I wanna order, take away!!) [I have to shout it loudly]
Waiter: ".....mei ah...?" (....what...?) [this is what I can catch so far]
Me: "Hai, oei mai" (yes, take away) [I thought she asked "oei mai ah?"]
Waiter: "......MEI AH....???!!" (....WHAT..??!!) [she is angry...]
Me: "HAI, OEI MAI!!" (YES, TAKE AWAY!!") [I still thought that she asked "OEI MAI?" and expected me to say it louder]
Waiter: "..........." [she looked at me with writing pose and one of her eyebrows was higher]
Me: "Kai gau fan" (fried chicken ball rice) [when she paused, it's the perfect time to say it]
Waiter: "...yam ah..?" (...drink..?)
Me: "Ng yu" (I don't want) [this part is smooth]
Waiter: "....cao....!!" (....go...!!)
Me: "......." [I shaked my head, I wanted to order, I didn't wanna go!)
Waiter: "....cao... Oei mai??" (...go... Take away..) [aha! This part I know!]
Me: "Hai!!" (yes!!)
Finally we finished the conversation and I managed to order Kai gou fan. Since I always buy Kai gou fan almost every day, when the chicken ball is finished, the auntie will shout "Kai gou fan mo le!!" right in front of my face even before I enter the restaurant. She recognize me now as the chicken ball lady? I will miss Kai gou fan in the future after I stop working... And that auntie..

I am reaching office now, talk to you again, diary!

-Abbie-

No comments: