11.05.2007

Before and After

Monday, 5 Nov 07, 7.49am at home

Hello diary,
Finally now I have chance to write my diary. It's also because of my hard effort to get up early this morning before my alarm clock rang. My daily schedule is now changed, my routine activities are now changed after I started my work:

1. Get Up
Before: I used to get up when my hubby's alarm clock rang. I got up at the same time as he did.
After: I wake up when my hubby's alarm clock rings but I get up from bed when my own alarm clock rings which is 2 hours later (it's because my office hour is 2 hours later than his, I love this so much!!)

2. Breakfast
Before: I used to prepare breakfast for my husband in the morning and serve it fresh. We had breakfast together.
After: I prepare breakfast for him the night before and ask him to reheat it when he's about to eat. He has his breakfast when I'm still ZZzzzZZzzz....

3. Cleaning
Before: I used to clean home almost everyday, as and when the dirt appeared. There was one full day of cleaning in a week, Wednesday, which I selectively chose to clean the whole house.
After: I clean home as and when the mood comes, it can be in the middle of the night or in the afternoon during the lunch time.

4. Groceries Shopping
Before: I used to shop groceries every Friday afternoon, spent a half-day at the supermarket, bought the necessary and the unnecessary items, always seeked items that I "HAD" to buy.
After: I still shop every Friday after work. Last Friday, my dear hubby shopped for me. Hihihi.. Thank you! Whoever is available, either me or him, just go. I have no chance to look around anymore, less money is spent, more money is saved! Great!

5. Cooking
Before: I used to cook in the afternoon before going to my Japanese lesson. I cooked almost everyday, experimented many recipes.
After: I cook on weekend or at night, keep the food in the fridge, and heat it when we want to eat. No more food varieties, just repeat the same dishes that I used to make. It's good that at least I had chances to experiment cooking some dishes before.

6. Japanese Course
Before: I used to come to my Japanese class 3 times a week at 6.30pm sharp! *Did you say it starts at 6.20pm?*
After: I still come to my class, I still have big desire to come, but it all depends on the situation and condition.

The Advantages:
1. More money
2. Shop less on groceries
3. Shop more on fashion
4. Eat less
5. More sleep (2 hours more)
6. More showers (2x a day now *Before that??*)
7. More consumption on make-up and contact lens
8. More romance!
9. Less guilty on spending money

The Disadvantages:
1. More messy house (I'm not saying 'messy house', I'm saying 'more messy')
2. Messy schedule
3. Won't get a medal for 'A Good Wife Championship'
4. Less time to watch my Korean series
5. Less concentration on studying Japanese
6. Less time to write my diary!
7. Less time to chat with my sis, my bro, cousins, friends, and other people out there in the cyber world
8. More tired
9. No time to 'twist and shape' my body

Wow, 9-9! So, I don't know if I'm now doing good or bad.

-Abbie-

10 comments:

Antony Pranata said...

"Wake up" already but "get up" 2 hours later, so what do you do on those 2 hours? Sleep again? Does it mean that you go to bed 2 hours later than your hubby?

"More romance" -> what does it mean?

AbigaiL said...

Yes, my mind just wakes up for 2 seconds, and I fall into a deep and snored sleep again hueheuheu..

I go to bed at the same time as my hubby does, I'm such a pig?

More romance means.. err.. hmm.. more romance! Tambah mesra gitu lohh maksudnyaa.. *maluuu*

Anonymous said...

hahahha..
same question...
what does "more romance" means???

oooh noo.. ohh no..
do i have to find a job to get more romance??

-S-

PangTama said...

More romance???? hahaha
Kalo gw rumah udah gk kepegang, cuman weekend doank, itu sblm merit, abis merit lebih2 lg gk kepegang ahahha. Dulu masi bisa suru indra gosok, masak ini itu, sekarang gk enak mintanya hahaha :P.
Btw, kerja dimana Fen?

AbigaiL said...

Oh oh oh, why everybody is focusing on the 'more romance' topic only?

Bust ci S, emang ga nyambung sih, ga perlu cari kerjaan to get more romance. Maksudku, when we are free, we tend not to use the time well, rite? But when we are busy, time is really precious, we tend to value our quality time more with the people we love. Dah mudeng? Atau malah mubeng??

Buat Fang, gimana first few weeks of marriage life? Masih adjustment time? Dulu aku juga rikuh2 nyuruh2 suami ngerjain kerjaan RT, lama2 gpp krn butuh! Hahaha.. Aku juga mbersihin 1minggu sekali, cuma during the week kalo ngliat brantakan tu pgn banget ambil my weapons (lap, sapu, pel) trus lgsg in action gitu lohh..

Jess said...

Iya, aku jg ga hbs pikir ttg "more romance".... Yg aku tau, kalo kita situasi nyante, liburan, br ada more romance. Tp kalo krj malah tambah sibuk, cpk, ga ada wkt buat fam..

Antony Pranata said...

Loh... aku topik-nya "getting up 2 hours later" loh.

Begini buat para newlywed kalo mo organize rumah. Dari pengalaman pak Antony setelah lama berkeluarga (huahaha... padahal baru 1 taun); spend ~15 minutes every day. Yeah, that's only 15 minutes every day... Bersihin atau rapiin something during those 15 minutes.

For example, today bersihin kitchen; tomorrow lagi bersihin kamar mandi; tomorrow bersihin living room; tomorrow-nya lagi kamar tidur, dst, dst.

So... only 15 minutes every day... and your life will be different. Call us for more information (weleh, koyok iklan opo ae).

Jess said...

Iya...idenya koko bagus bgt. Dengan begitu, rumah jd bersih tanpa kita ngerasa capek. Asal satu syarat aja, watak ibuk2 nih...sekali bersih2, ga mau brenti. Matanya gatel liat sebelah2nya.. Akhirnya jd beres2 di mana2.

AbigaiL said...

Ohh thanks Ko for the idea! Now I'm trying to implement that '15mins/day cleaning theory'. But I guess I fail! Udah sminggu ini gak ngapa2in, cuman sempet ganti saringan wastafel dapur and ngelap rice cooker. Jadi kerjaanku numpuk skg, 15mins x 5days = 75mins. Omo omo omo! Nenek moyang berkata "Jangan suka menimbun utang, timbunlah emas!" Kalo nimbun cucian baju gpp??

AbigaiL said...

Ci J, emang bener sih, kalo udah nanggung (maksudnya udah pas pake kulot berkaret, kaos oblong, rambut dicepit, poni dijepet plonthos), rasanya pingin bersih2 smuanya skalian. Kalo cuma bentar, jadi bingung, enaknya ganti kulot apa gak?