1.12.2009

Looking Forward for China Trip!

Monday, 12 Jan 09. 11.32pm at home

Good evening diary..
I'm eating endog bulus (big turtle's egg) now, an Indonesian snack. It doesn't really mean big turtle's egg, it's just a name, ok! I’m a turtle lover. I mean, I love watching Kura-kura Ninja and I like eating Gui Ling Gao (a Chinese pudding made from turtles’ house). Anyway, my parents-in-law are here till 21 Jan 09. They brought many nice foods from Indonesia, including sambel terasi, pete, terik, omo omo omo... just mentioning the names only made my salive drops on my *slurpp!* keyboard *getting a cloth from kitchen to wipe it off*

Diary, my hubby and me will be going to Beijing, Xian, and Shanghai next Thursday, 22 Janaury, for 8 days! Finally we are going to have our first just-the-two-of-us holiday since our wedding day 1.5 years ago! Well, I know, China is not a good place for honeymoon, especially seeing the historical China emperor, the great wall, and the tombs! Those are really wrong places! Hmm, maybe not. I saw in one romantic movie, when the couple were entering a mystic or horror place, the girl screamed "Ahhh!" and the guy said "Don’t be afraid, I’m here!". I will not do that, ok!!

We didn't plan to go to Beijing initially. We wanted to go to Korea and Jeju island. An island in Jeju which everyone calls a honeymoon island. We also have planned to go to Nami island, the island where Bae Yong Jun and the girl had a romantic story in Winter Sonata. Oh oh oh! But unfortunately the tour schedule is not matched with our schedule. For the China trip, we also will not join any tour package. It's free and easy tour! I’m quite scared because I cant speak Chinese properly. I took Chinese lessons many times for my whole life, on and off and on and off but still I’m not good at Chinese at all! Do you know how we came up with this solution finally? It was started with a simple conversation:
Hubby: "Is your Japanese better than your Chinese?"
Me: "Of course not! My Japanese is so lousy, I feel so stupid, I had a chance to stay in Japan for more than 1 year, I could possibly use this opportunity to learn Japanese but see what I did, I still can’t...."
Hubby: "Then, let’s go to Beijing without a tour!"
Me: "..eh?"

Please take note, guys make conclusion and decide something so fast and so easily using brain, based on facts and realities, there is no personal emotion involved! So for girls out there, be careful on what you say in front of guys!

This time, not me planning for the trip. Ron has planned everything from the plane tickets, hotels, maps, to city tours. I really look forward for this trip. I really look forward to experience Chinese New Year Eve in Beijing, the capital city of China. Beijing should be the place where the authentic and original Chinese celebration ceremonies are held, right? I know that shops and restaurants in China will be closed in the first 1 week after the Chinese New Year, that’s why I plan to spend time by walking along the Great Wall and seeing tombs of the last Emperors.

Let’s see if I can successfully climb up the Great Wall and scream "Wo Ai Chung Guo!!" with China flag on my right hand, and my other hand will be on my chest..
Let’s see if I will cry whole-heartedly in front of the tombs..
Let’s see if my heroic spirit as a Chinese will come out after my China trip..

-Abbie-

No comments: