12.19.2006

A Bad Day or Good Day??

Tuesday, 19 Dec 06, 4.06pm in office..

Hi my little diary..
Long time never write diary coz I’ve been busy lately.. there are lots of works in office need to be finished off before I can go on leave.. and I was also sick for 1 full week because of the raining season.. Yippee.. finally the day is coming soon, the day that I’ll go on leave for 1 year! Not exactly 1 year = 365 days, but it’s from 23 Dec 06 till 3 Jan 07! Well, in fact it’s just few days of leave, but I don’t care.. I like to see it as 1 year holiday.. or at least 1 month holiday is also good enough. Who dares to tell me that it’s just 12 days holiday?!?!?!?!?!?

Anyway, today is really a bad day.. read below list carefully ok?

1. I woke up late coz this morning was raining very heavily. The sky was very dark! I couldn’t see the sun shines through my window at all. My alarm rang at 7am but I just snoozed it, it rang again and again (every 5 mins) till 8.17am! Who’s so kaypo to calculate how many times my alarm clock rang? Ok, ok.. I calculate it for you.. 77mins/5mins = 15 times! Wait, wait.. my point here isn’t about math calculation. Don’t try to twist my topic! My point here is I woke up late at 8.17am while my work starts at 9am!

2. It was still raining very heavily the whole morning. I couldn’t wait till the rain stops. I must go to work! I had no choice, I had to walk under my pinkie umbrella. This morning I realized that I was very disappointed with my pinkie umbrella. It couldn’t protect me from rain and wind! Maybe because it’s old already, so it’s not as firm as before anymore! The umbrella kept swinging up and down.. left and right.. and my clothes were all wet not because of the rain that came from the sky, but because of the water that was splashed onto my whole body from my dearly pinkie umbrella! What did I do wrong to my pinkie umbrella? I always treat it nicely, clean it and fold it nicely after use, what did I get in return? I was betrayed by my pinkie umbrella!! I really didn’t want to come to work with that wet condition this morning, but I had to work today! After I reached MRT, the aircon in MRT was so cold especially with wet clothes on my body! I felt like an idiot, how could everybody in MRT come in clean and dry clothes while I came in totally wet clothes (in fact I’m holding umbrella at my right hand)? Looks stupid, rite? Would they think that I use my body to protect my umbrella from the rain??

3. Once I reached office (around 9.45am), there was a very loooooongggg queue in front of the lifts. My office building has total of 24 lifts. Can you imagine how long would it take to bring people up with only 2 lifts working at that moment? I don’t want to do mathematic test anymore so just imagine! I think everyone also woke up late if I looked at how long the queue was hihihihi… I didn’t want to join the queue, I guess it would take forever! So, I decided to find the stairs! My office is at 10th floor. I was confident that I could climb up till 10th floor. I used to do ‘Twist & Shape’ for 2100 steps so I thought it wouldn’t be a problem. But I realized.. I was wrong! Climbing real stairs is so much more painful! I took my first rest on 4th floor, then on 7th floor, 8th floor, and 9th floor! Lucky that my office had just moved from 20th storey to 10th storey.. I bought a hot soy bean curd to warm up my body (coz I was so cold in MRT), but once I reached my office, I didn’t need it anymore! My body was hot already. No more sneezing.. no more cold and flu.. all gone!! Yes, God’s good.. He gives me warmth when I’m cold.. Must see everything from good angle, rite?

Cheers
Abbie

No comments: